Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sluts!



Hate: Hating, I'm going to have to start putting 'like' first
Like: Softmints and going on dates and having a free house so that you can clean loads without people getting in your way
Complaint of the day: None today

I was going to blog about a SHIT piece of journalism that I unfortunately picked up in the SINdo's magazine Life, so I went looking for it on the net to attach clunks of its crapdom. I couldn't find it but I did find this:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/lets-face-it-monogamy-is-getting-a-tad-monotonous-135747.html

which scared me. Then in today's Examiner (and radio ad, which they are running to promote it) I found this:

http://www.examiner.ie/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=ireland-qqqm=ireland-qqqa=ireland-qqqid=36923-qqqx=1.asp

Why do we cheat, a special two part series on affairs of the heart, tells us that a third of people over 50 have sex with someone other than their partner. A third! Jeez. And both men and women (in Ireland anyway) are as likely to cheat as each other. The figures for other bold stuff are amazing too.

I find stuff like this saddening and frightening, but also fascinating. Were we made to be monogamous or do Mormons have the right idea? Or is that Muslims? Are both allowed to be polygamous?

Anyway, it seems and is portrayed that nature intended man to spread-it-around happy while us mere fe(eble)males are too busy having his babies to care that he has another woman on the go. I mean a Muslim man is entitled to four wives, but she, not only must not be shared, but can't ask for divorce . It's entirely up to the man! Now maybe that's only in Taliban countries etc, but still, the sentiment is the same.

The article I was orginally looking for was called... Sluts! Despite the exciting name, it was the biggest loada drivel I ever read in my whole life. Carol Tobin (I don't know who she is, but when I google her, it seems she may in fact be a well known comedian) writes on the opinions of opinions of somebody she was talking to and he said that she said that I think that we will. It made no sense, had no context, and went nowhere. I think it was supposed to be about women having one night stands but I couldn't really find any content to do with the headline. Will bring in the mag tomorrow to back up my opinion. Then you'll see.

In other relationship news, the breakup of Chanelle and Ziggy was utterly amusing last night. (Big Brother, loving it this year) Chanella sat with a faaaayse on her as Ziggy explained in no uncertain terms how they weren't working out. They both tried to blame each other for stuff, but with him being more articulate than her, all she could do was interrupt. Meanwhile one of the dumb twins (I'm blonde, I'm sweet, I don't have a lot of meat.... what was the question again?) kept entering the room where they were arguing asking: "Would you like beans or mashed potatoes or chilli. Would you prefer beef? If you like beef, I can ask Carol to make it, what would you prefer? I'm having a salad. With potatoes. I love pototoes."

If I had of been arguing and some food monster insisted on breaking my argumentative flow I woulda told her where to go.

Off to see Die Hard tonight. Yeah!

Not really, but the boy will love it and anything to keep him happy.

(Feminised) Ladysinger

No comments: