Friday, June 29, 2007

Spicy kidneys

Hate: Kidney infections
Like: Painkillers and anti-biotics
Complaint of the day: see hate

Was out sick yesterday with the blasted infection of the kidney that I have become accustomed to. Never had pain quite like this one though - I don't know why someone (God) is trying to punish me. Maybe it's a hint to curb my intake of alcohol or summat, but I'm hardly an alcoholic. I dunno. All I know is that I always get sick towards a weekend and then can't drink cos I may go mad on antbiotics.


See the Spice Girls are getting back together. Yay! I don't know why it excites me, but it's way more fun than Take That's reunion. I guess it's cos we'll get to look at their style and bitch about them and then copy some of their looks the next weekend. Let's hope they don't bring those disgusting platform trainer yokes back though. Was having a think about it yesterday and thought about the new names we could rename each spice girl.



Posh Spice would have to be 'rexic' spice or 'ana' spice

Scary Spice could be 'murphy' spice for obvious reasons

Baby Spice coudl be 'preggers' spice for other obvious reasons

Ginger Spice I would like to rename 'mingin' spice but that's probably mean

Sporty Spice I think could be 'non' spice because she dosen't seem to have done much in past while. No baby or body scandals that I can think of.

It's only six years since they broke up. Seems waaaay longer that that.

Was watching Baby on Board last night on RTE. (what can I say, kidney infection means no going out, so TV it has to be) I got really teary when the new family brought the little babog back home to meet the grandparents for the first time (the mammy involved was spanish). There's something about new babies that really gets to me. It's embarrassing really.

All I can deduct is that historically, I would have at least four kids now, so biologically my body is behaving perfectly normal. In our modern world however I should be waiting another six years before the time is right to be even thinking in the family way. So what does that mean for the mental state of mind?

Lots of tears at baby programmes and reassurances to the boy (as he bolts out the door) that yes I want one, but no, not yet. Next month maybe. :)

Following Baby on Board, was my favourite I'm an adult get me outta here. Apart from the presenter being hot (he is) I love watching nearly-30 year olds living it up in their parent's pads trying to find a shoebox to fit their budget. They're always so narky and set in their ways and unwilling to compromise. It makes me proud that I am not living at home.

And good news on the writing front. Very easily found a writer's group (the Irish Writer's Centre, first google that comes up) so I've signed myself up for a thursday night session for ten weeks. Let the creative juices flow....

(Broody - just a little bit) Ladysinger

No comments: